SB Parents ListServ
The SB Parents ListServ is for any parent of a child who has Spina Bifida. Use the SB Parents list to exchange ideas, resources, debate, and have some great discussions!
The information below has been provided to allow the ListServ to operate in an efficient manner. It may be helpful to keep a copy of this message for future use.
Add Yourself to the ListServ:
Send an email to: SBParentsfirstname.lastname@example.org. Leave the subject line and the body blank.
Send a Message to the ListServ:
Send an email to: SBParents@lists.sbcommunities.org.
Remove Yourself From the ListServ:
To remove yourself from the listServ send a blank email to SBParentsemail@example.com. Leave the subject line and the body blank.
To receive the digest version of the list rather than each individual message, send a blank email to SBParentsfirstname.lastname@example.org.
General ListServ Etiquette:
- Include a descriptive entry in the subject line. If you are posting messages for a particular subject or group, reference this in the subject line.
- Keep messages brief and to the point. If you have a long document, post a description on the ListServ and offer to send it to those who are interested. Avoid posting “me too” and “I agree” messages. They create frustrating amounts of mail for people to read.
- It is very important that you send personal replies to the person who posted the request and NOT the entire ListServ. Double-check your “To” window before sending. This will save you a lot of embarrassment and avoid annoying other members on the ListServ.
- Resist the urge to “flame” someone. Flaming is harsh criticism intended to be destructive and hurtful. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Flaming will result in exclusion from the list. If you are flamed, ignore it.
- Avoid using all capital letters in your messages. This is considered the same as SHOUTING and is not appreciated by others.
- Profanity is not tolerated, and its use can result in exclusion from the list.
- If you have a problem with some of the messages, email the list moderators or the person sending the messages. Refrain from sending complaints to the entire group.
- Most importantly, remember that nothing is ever confidential or private when using the web to communicate. Double-check your message before sending. If it contains personal or confidential information, it might be best to use another method.