- This event has passed.
Durham Education Day
November 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join SBA of the Carolinas at the 2017 Spina Bifida Education Day on Saturday, November 11 in Durham, NC. Spina Bifida health care specialists will deliver information on topics including neurosurgery, orthopedics and scoliosis, bladder & bowel management, sports and recreation, wound care and more, and a panel of adults with Spina Bifida will share their stories.
The registration fee includes access to all sessions and the exhibit area as well as breakfast items, lunch and a thank-you reception. Parking passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that child care is not available at this event. Hence, please make childcare accommodations as necessary.
Please call or write Juanita Panlener with any questions about the event at email@example.com and 202-618-4753.
*** EVENT FAQs ***
1. Can children attend this event? We are unable to host children at this venue.
2. Who will be speaking at this event? We are developing an agenda full of great speakers and panelists. Please check this page for updates and note that the speakers and timeline are subject to change. The draft agenda is available HERE.
3. Is it better to register online or register the morning of the Education Day? We encourage you to pre-register online for several reasons:
- Enjoy Early Bird Pricing! Advanced registration is just $45. Day-of registration increases to $50 per person.
- Enter to Win! Everyone who preregisters online by November 8 will be eligible to win an SBA Prize Pack (available at check-in the day of the event).
- Reserve Your Seat! Day-of registration is limited, so by registering in advance, you’re guaranteed admission to this educational event PLUS networking opportunities to connect with others in our community!
- Save Time! When you register in advance, check-in is a breeze the day of the event.
- Earn a Referral Prize! Share the event details with a friend and have them enter your name in the registration form. You’ll receive a special goodie from SBA for each friend you refer as our way of saying THANK YOU for spreading the word.
Day-of registration will be open on an “as available” basis until seats are filled. Day-of registration is $50 per person.
4. Are there scholarships available? We are committed to making this Education Day accessible to all. Scholarship applications are available HERE.
5. Where can I park? Parking is available in the Eye Center parking garage next to the Duke Eye Center Hudson Building. All cars should enter the parking lot from Erwin Road. The event organizers have provided a limited number of complimentary parking passes that will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Otherwise, the cost is $2 per hour or $8 maximum per day. Valet parking costs $9.
6. When can I meet other families or individuals affected by SB? This event is designed to be a great forum for both education and networking! Arrive early to meet with other attendees and vendors before the presentations start, catch up on breaks between sessions or lunch, and plan to stick around for appetizers and refreshments immediately following the closing remarks – so many great opportunities to network with other adults, parents, providers, and advocates!
7. What hotel options are in the area? Please stay check back here for a list of options. We ask that you check directly with the hotels [options to come] to confirm your rate prior to booking.