- It can be very costly to modify an existing home and time consuming if you can perform the modifications yourself.
- Contact your child’s caseworker if you are on SSI or Medicaid. Home modifications may be a part of your service plan.
- Contact your caseworker if you are on SSI or Medicaid. Home modifications may be a part of your service plan.
- Accessible Housing: Quality, Disability, and Design, by Rob Imrie
- Everyday Law for Individuals with Disabilities, by Ruth Colker and Adam A. Milani
Organizations that Can Help
Spina Bifida Chapters
they may be able to provide local contractor information
Spina Bifida Clinics
you may request a home consultation with an OT or PT
Affordable Rental Housing Locator
Financial Resources for Modifications
Boy Scouts of America
Girl Scouts of America
Volunteers of America
New Home Construction
1440 E. First Street, Suite 107
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Accesible Space, Inc.
Easy Living Home
Organizing Your Home